.:: Da Sting ::.





déménagement du blog à l'adresse
http://dasting.wordpress.com/
















25 avril 2008

RZA "My Secret Life"

ITW de RZA sur le site "The Independent"

The home I grew up in... was a one bedroom-apartment in the impoverished projects of Brownsville, Brooklyn, shared with my mother and 10 siblings.

When I was a child I wanted to be... a rapper. I first heard hip-hop at a block party on Staten Island when I was eight and since then, I just wanted to be the best rapper in the world.

The moment that changed me for ever... was aged 11 and I heard about the maths of living, the path of enlightenment. First, you look and observe, then wisdom comes with the emancipation of knowledge. It's the sun, the moon and the stars.

My greatest inspiration... The GZA and Ol' Dirty Bastard [founding members of Wu-Tang Clan], Stevie Wonder, Isaac Hayes, Quincy Jones; then it's Donny Hathaway for the arrangement of music and Willie Mitchell for being the finest producer of our time.



Aucun commentaire: