.:: Da Sting ::.





déménagement du blog à l'adresse
http://dasting.wordpress.com/
















29 juin 2008

RZA et Hans Zimmer vont produire la B.O de Babylone A.D.


RZA et le producteur Hans Zimmer (Batman Begin, gladiator...) s'associent pour produire la B.O. du nouveau film de Mathieu Kassovitz "Babylone A.D."


"I'm just a fews hours away from seeing The Dark Knight and one of the aspects that I'm looking forward to is hearing Hans Zimmer's brilliant score. In my interview with Zimmer and James Newton Howard that I did a few weeks back, it was obvious that I'm a huge fan of both composers. Zimmer's work on films like Batman Begins and Gladiator have made me come to appreciate scores so much more than I did before. Now news comes from Wu-Tang Clan's The RZA via Westword that he has teamed up with Zimmer to create the score to Mathieu Kassovitz's Babylon A.D.! This combination sounds like a potentially amazing partnership that will result in a truly unforgettable new score. I can't wait to hear it!

The RZA, who has also produced scores for films like Kill Bill and Ghost Dog, told Westword that "it's a big, big blockbuster type movie, big sci-fi type movie," but we all knew that already - just watch this awesome trailer. He continues, "The RZA's team and Hans Zimmer's team have combined to create a hybrid kind of score for this movie that's based in the future. So I think it's going to be a good vibe for the audience out there, and it's a good movie anyway – a very thought-provoking movie." This duo sounds like it has the potential to introduce a new sound that we haven't heard before in contemporary scores. And when you think about that in combination with the footage we've seen, it should truly get your blood pumping.

I know that the score usually doesn't mean too much to most moviegoers, but movies like The Dark Knight are a perfect example where the score makes the movie what it is. Without it, it wouldn't feel the same. The score truly does make up more than the atmosphere of the film, it drives the emotions and it progresses the story. Babylon A.D. already looks like a fantastic sci-fi film and I can only imagine how great this score will be. Zimmer has always been one of the few composers to create such iconic and amazing music that I've come to fall in love with. I really am genuinely excited to hear what The RZA and Zimmer have created. Does this news regarding the score make you any more interested in Babylon A.D.?"

Aucun commentaire: