.:: Da Sting ::.





déménagement du blog à l'adresse
http://dasting.wordpress.com/
















28 février 2008

ITW Achozen



Shavo parle d'Achozen (RZA, shavo, Rev. William Burk & Berreta 9)

You gravitated to a certain kind of sound and energy?

Yeah, an energy, always doing something to the left. What I’m doing with Achozen is like what we did with System: Put a twist on rock, now putting a twist on hip-hop. It doesn’t matter that my skin is white, and it doesn’t matter that I come from the rock world. I’ve got the coolest people backing me – George Clinton, RZA. We have 29 songs now.
RZA came from a clique, and I came from a clique, and we connected really strongly. It’s like, “Many will come, but only a few are a-chosen.” That’s where the name Achozen came from. It’s the five percent elite, who use their power to make music to guide, to lead, in a righteous way. We always have a good time hanging out together.

What does hip-hop have in common with hard rock?

The stuff that I love about is the punk-rockness of it. I mean an attitude. Punk rock is an attitude. It’s not giving a fuck and doing it anyways. I think that I can do something, and I’m doing it. [RZA] doesn’t care. He comes from Wu-Tang and he’s picking up a guitar and he’s ripping it, for himself. He’s reinventing things.

Sounds like you’re not taking it easy during his hiatus period.

Now that we’re in this hiatus moment, I’m doing whatever I want to do. I’ll score a film because I can; I’ll start a band with my friend the RZA because I want to. Why not? I want to give this opportunity to other people, and that’s why I’m doing urSESSION, so other people get a chance to do what they want.

What does your music with the RZA sound like?


It’s hip-hop, it’s heavy, it’s me doing all the beats. The Gravediggaz inspired me – but done with the new sounds, with a heavy-metal spice of song arrangement. And I’m playing sitars on them, and bouzoukis on them, and guitar.

Aucun commentaire: